Echinacea is best known for its immune enhancing ability, but has proven very effective in many other areas as well.
- Colds, coughs and flu and other upper respiratory conditions
- Enlarged lymph glands, sore throat
- Urinary tract infections
- Other minor infections
- May help combat herpes and candida
- Wounds, skin regeneration and skin infections (external use)
- Psoriasis, eczema and inflammatory skin conditions (external use)
Echinacea stimulates the immune system and it promotes T-cell activation while it increases the activity of the immune system. It helps white blood cells attack germs and these effects may decrease if taken for more than a few weeks.
Return to Information Library
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.